Introducing my latest edition of Tailgating Fabulous, Bacon babe reporting….
These might be illegal in 11 states. We’re talking pieces of kielbasa wrapped in bacon and then stuffed with a mixture of cream and Mexican cheeses, sprinkled with a little brown sugar and BBQ rub. OH yeah, baby.
When you wrap the bacon around the kielbasa pieces, the bottom of the bacon is flush against the sausage so there’s room to pipe the cheese and green chili mixture in. You can secure them with toothpicks or put them on a skewer.
If you don’t have access to a grill, just put these bad boys in the oven at 300 for 45 minutes to slow cook that bacon– then crank it up to 450 for about 10 minutes to crisp up the bacon.
Now, let’s talk beer….
Pair Baconlicious Sausage & Cheese Bites with an American Lager. A classic American lager has a malty sweetness that highlights the smokiness of the bacon and the savory, creamy sausage and cheese layer. The lager’s balance of crisp hoppiness accentuates the rich flavors without being overpowering.
Bacon-licious Sausage Bites Stuffed with CheesePrint This
- 2 (8oz) packages of full fat cream cheese
- 1 package thick cut bacon
- 1 package of kielbasa sausage (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup mild green chilies drained
- BBQ rub, brown sugar & cayenne to sprinkle
- Preheat grill (or oven to 300 degrees)
- Cut up kielbasa and wrap with bacon. Secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Mix the cream cheese with the Mexican cheese with green chilies. Put in a Ziploc bag or a Pastry bag. Fill cheese mixture to the top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with your favorite BBQ rub, some brown sugar and a little cayenne.
- Grill until bacon is done to your favorite level of crispy!
- *Alternately, you can bake at 400 on a tin foil covered baking sheet for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is slightly browned and bacon is crispy.