Asian persuasion, baby. It’s gooooooood.
We’ve had umpteen Chinese takeout nights over the last month while we’ve been packing and moving to our new house. This is the perfect get cozy with curry meal– along with a healthy dose of crunchy delish with the addition of peanuts or cashews. Just be sure to tip the hot cook in your kitchen….
Chicken in a Peanut Curry Sauce
- 1 Tb canola or vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 heaping Tb red curry paste
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tb fresh ginger
- 1 chopped jalapeño
- 1 Tb soy sauce or Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 Tb Thai Chili sauce
- 1 Tb brown sugar
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Spring onions for garnish
- Pinch of cilantro for garnish
- Peanuts or cashews for garnish
- Chopped mango (optional)
- 1 cup Chopped chicken
- Package of rice noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute minced garlic cloves in the oil for about a minute on med/high heat until they start to turn golden.
- Add the heaping Tb of red curry paste and stir for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until blended. Simmer on medium low heat while you prepare noodles.
- Add the chopped chicken last before you serve it. (This would be a fabulous vegetarian dish as well!) Garnish with spring onions, cilantro, peanuts or cashews and if it’s in season, mango is delish!
- I tossed the rice noodles into boiling water and boiled for about 3-4 minutes. They were the really thin ones, so it didn’t take long to soften them.